Search Term Report
The search term report, or search query report, is one of the most useful and valuable of the reports available from Adwords. This report shows you the actual searches that triggered an ad impression.
You can access your search term report from both the Keywords tab and the Dimensions tab in the AdWords web interface and depending on how you wish to use the report both have their purposes.
From the Keywords tab, you can actually add search queries as either keywords or negative keywords. While, from the Dimensions tab you can only view or download your search query report.
From the Keywords tab:
- Click on the ‘Keywords’tab.
- Click the ‘See search terms’ button above your statistics table.
- Select ‘All’ from the menu to analyze the search terms for all your listed keywords. To only see search terms for specific keywords, first select the checkboxes for the keywords you're interested in, then click Select from the menu.
- Add selected search terms as either negative keywords or keywords.
From the Dimensions tab:
- Click on the ‘Dimensions’ tab.
- Click View> Search Terms.
- Select the columns you want.
Download the search term report.
Special Considerations about the Search Term Report
Impressions against a search term are only shown in the report if your ad received at least one click within 30 days of the impression occurring. Otherwise, the impressions are recorded in the "Other search terms" row in the table.